Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Below are many of the most popular questions asked on our email and chat support. If you don’t see your question answered here, please drop a line to [email protected] and we will respond directly.

Is this a health insurance policy?

No, it’s a personal accident insurance policy. Depending on the specific policy you select, it includes insurance against sickness and accident medical expenses outside your home country in all the countries in the zone(s) you have selected (automatically including lower-risk zones than the one(s) you selected) subject to a $250 deductible claim. 

The amount of the benefit available is limited to the amount of insurance you selected when you applied.

Who is eligible to buy this insurance?

We have a range of policies suitable for people travelling to and working anywhere in Gaza including Gaza City, Khan Yunis, Rafah, Jabalia, Deir al-Balah, Beit Lahia and Beit Hanoun. These cities are pivotal to the social, economic, and cultural fabric of the Gaza Strip. Please contact us for any further information you need.

What insurance does this policy provide for me?

Depending on the specific policy you take out, you can be covered for some or all of the following:

1) Accidental death.
2) Permanent disablement.
3) Medical expenses – due to accidents or sickness. All medical expense claims have a $250 deductible per claim.
4) Medical evacuation from the point of an incident and repatriation to your home country when necessary.

What areas of the World does your insurance cover?

We offer full global coverage. Unlike most insurers, we don’t exclude any regions worldwide — as we understand that the nature of overseas work often requires travel to conflict areas, war zones and other hazardous areas.

Am I insured for ‘sickness and repatriation’ in my own country?

The decision to repatriate you is decided by the doctor treating you in discussion with our emergency claims partner.

Can I take out a policy when I’m already on an assignment?

For people heading out on an assignment or project we require the policy to be taken out before they arrive in the country where they are working. These clients can take out a new policy to extend the time they are insured for if their original policy term was not long enough

Can you cover my equipment?

We specialise in covering people, not things, so we don’t offer insurance for personal or professional belongings or equipment.

If I am not travelling to Gaza, do I still need insurance?

We would advise you to take out insurance regardless of location — more accidents happen at home or in your home country than abroad. Your policy will provide peace of mind that you’re covered 24/7 at work or leisure in all the countries in the zones you have selected.

What is the maximum amount I can be insured for?

For our “Insure yourself” or “Insure your people” individual cover, the maximum you can insure yourself/someone for is a multiple of 10 times your annual income or $1,000,000 — whichever is the lower amount.

For our  “Insure someone else” local employee cover, the maximum you can insure someone for is a multiple of 4 times their annual income or $400,000 — whichever is the lower amount.

Which medical expenses does my insurance policy cover?

Full details of the medical expenses covered by your insurance policy are set out in the policy terms and conditions emailed to you when you bought your policy.

Does my insurance include cover for war and terrorism?

Yes, our policies insure you if affected by war (whether officially declared or not), civil unrest, conflict or terrorism — as long as you are not an active participant.

Which cover do I need.

If you’re not sure exactly which policy type is appropriate for your circumstances, check out our comparison chart here If you need more information please email [email protected] or use the web chat on this site.

Scroll to Top